Let us try to understand why social media marketing is important, its characteristics, communities and content.
Social Media marketing is important because
- Target audience in there, huge market is there.
- So businesses or brands spend huge amounts
- Opportunity to Connect with people with similar interests
- Social Media accounts for 28% of all media time spent online
- Projected ad spend for 2017 is $41 bn
- 16% of all digital ad spends is on facebook
- Space between digital media and social media is diminishing
- Remarketing can be done
What is Social Media
Is social media a market or a medium ?
- It is unique and different from all other mediums put together
- It is medium and a market too
- For Example: Sell someone on facebook through facebook, Reach out someone on twitter through twitter etc…
Characteristics of Social Media
- Visibililty = reach
- Relevance= effectiveness
Visibility and relevance is there on all media.
Electronic Word Of Mouth
Credibility through Electronic Word of mouth(eWOM) is important factor and unique to social media .
Electronic word of mouth like a positive or negative reference to a brand by a friend or someone you trust ,will have a great impact on someone planning to buy it.
Estimated number of social media users in millions:
- Facebook: 1320 (Approx. more than 100M in India)
- Google+: 343 (33 M in India)
- Linkedin: 300 (26M in India)
- Twitter: 271
- Tumblr: 230
Building Communities with Great Content:
Social media is all about communities – creating,nurturing and growing communities
Communities are people with similar interests or like minded people or people you are interested in
Example :Facebook page /profile/group are all communities interested in a brand or person or a interest/purpose etc…
Social media is all about building communities with great content
People follow a profile page /business/group mainly because of the Content .
Content is what make more and more people see your post/page and interact with you through your post
Building communities is all about engaging people with effective content.
Content makes your business and communities grow.
Learn More about Facebook Glossary of terms and Facebook insights in my other posts
About The Author
Hi, This is Ram Mohan, Digital Marketing Consultant from Bangalore. I am also a Trainer and Blogger on Digital Marketing. Know more about me here
Subscribe to my blog posts and get updates of all my new posts directly to your email id. Subscribe to DigitalRammohan.com by Email